A Patent Agent is a government registered person who practice before Indian Patent Office. To become Patent Agent, willing person has to qualify Indian Patent Agent Exam that is held each year. Controller General of Patent Designs and Trademarks of the Government of India conducts Indian Patent agent exam. To clear this exam, aspirants should have the knowledge of patent acts and rules in India and as also the skills of drafting and interpretation of patent specification and other documents.
- Paper -I(Two Hours) Objective type; Multiple Choice Questions having one and/or more than one option correct.
- Paper-II (Three Hours) Descriptive.
Schedule for Viva-Voce examination will be announced after the completion of written examination. Only those candidates who have scored minimum of 50% marks in each paper will be allowed to appear for Viva-Voce. Separate list for same would be provided.
- Introduction and Importance of IPR,
- Types of IPR, Patent, Trademark, GI, Copyright and Industrial Design.
- Introduction to Patent Act & Rules
- Important Definitions, Patentability Conditions
- What are not inventions?
- Patent filing procedure
- Patent publication, Examination
- Anticipation, Patent Opposition
- Secrecy direction
- Grant of patent and rights
- Patent of addition, amendment and restoration
- Surrender and Revocation of patents
- Working of patents, compulsory licence and revocation
- Infringement of patents and relief
- Jurisdiction, constitution of courts
- Revocation of patents in counter claim
- Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB)
- Power of Controller, Register of Patents,
- Patent Filing in abroad(Convention Application),
- PCT International Application and National Phase Entry.
- Patent Drafting Class
- Patent Drafting Exercise
- Solving Question Paper
- ONLINE CLASSES THROUGH Skype: Rs. 15,000/-
- Individual should be an Indian citizen
- 21 years of age at exam time
- Individual should graduate from engineering and science from any establisheduniversity under Indian law or other specified equivalent qualification under central government is eligible for appearing the exam.
Duration: 3 month
Mode of Classes: Online